Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18 Page 19 Page 20 Page 21 Page 22 Page 23 Page 24 Page 25 Page 26 Page 27 Page 28 Page 29 Page 30 Page 31 Page 32 Page 33 Page 3426 Completing the Necessary Forms To receive financial aid, you must complete and submit the necessary forms. If you are eligible for need-based aid, the college’s financial aid office will put together a financial aid package for you. The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) – Because most financial aid awards are based on need, it's necessary to have a way to determine how much a family can afford to pay for college. The FAFSA is the federal form that’s used to determine this amount. In order to receive any government aid, you must complete a FAFSA. The FAFSA asks for information on income, assets, etc. This information is then applied to a formula, and the amount a family should be able to afford (their Expected Family Contribution or EFC) is calculated. It doesn’t matter how many colleges you are applying to, you and your parents only need to complete one FAFSA. For information on the FAFSA, go to Pell Grant – When you fill out the FAFSA, you automatically apply for a Pell Grant.This federally funded grant provides billions of dollars each year to low income families. State grants – All states have financial aid programs that award grants to students who go to college in their home state. In most states you apply just by filling out the FAFSA. The college’s financial aid application form – Some colleges have their own financial aid application form that you must complete. The CSS PROFILE – Some private colleges and scholarship programs re- quire completion of the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. Loans –Families who need additional funds to cover college costs often take out a loan. While students with financial need are usually offered a Federal Perkins Loans and/or a Direct Subsidized Loan as part of their financial aid package, students without financial need can apply for a Direct Unsubsidized Loan. Parents can also apply for a PLUS Loan.