18 Step Use Available Services The person who can help you the most The person who can help you the most with any problem or con- cern is a parent. If you’re having a problem with a class, teacher, or another student, tell a parent right away. If you don’t feel that you can talk to a parent, talk to an adult you trust. If you are dealing with any of the following, please talk to a parent, counselor, or trusted adult immediately: alcohol, drugs, pregnancy, eating disorder, abusive relationship, health concern, bullying, problems at home. In order to get the most out of your high school years, take advan- tage of the many people, services, and resources available to you. If you look around your school, you’ll find teachers, principals, counselors, librarians, tutors, coaches, and secretaries. All of these people are there to help you have the best high school experience possible. If you have a ques- tion, concern, or problem, talk to the appropriate person. If you don’t know who to talk to, see your counselor. Your counselor can help you figure out how to deal with any problem you may have. “Many of my teachers have taken the time to help me when I’m having trouble. If you just ask, teachers are usually happy to help you.” John “I see my counselor if I have a problem or if I have a question about something. He’s really helped me out a lot.” Kayla 9